Topics

Longs Peak Activity Reports

Jeff <n0xdw@...>

Longs Peak
NØXDW and KØLMD
There is a photo posted of us on the summit with an 18 element 70 cm beam and "Buddipole" HF portable dipole tuned for
either 17 or 20.
We operated on 432.100 USB, 446 FM, 2 M FM, 6M USB, 17 and 20 USB, and 20 CW. Will post more complete report later.
Wish we could have made more contacts on 432, we may not go to such effort for only a couple of contacts in the
future.
73 de NØXDW

Bob Witte KØNR wrote:

Please let us know what you did during the event, by sending the following info to the ham14er list:

Bare minimum:
Peak activated
Callsigns, names on your summit
Comments

More complete report:
Stations/peaks worked by band and mode
Complete log of QSOs
Best DX by band
Description of trip
Notable QSOs or other significant happenings
What went well, what didn't go so well, ideas for next time

Thanks.

N0UQZ, JIM BAUDO

I HAVE HAMS EMAILING ME ALL THE TIME ASKING ABOUT THE Buddipole ANTENNA. COULD ANY OF YOU WRITE A LITTLE REVIEW OF YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH IT. THE FACTORY WILL NOT EVEN RETURN EMAIL TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE INQUIRED TO THEM WITH QUESTIONS. PLEASE VISIT MY 4000 PAGE WEBSITE OF REVIEWS HERE: WWW.2MORE.INFO SEE AMATEUR REVIEWS. THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE, JIM, N0UQZ@...

Jeff <n0xdw@...> wrote:Longs Peak
NXDW and KLMD
There is a photo posted of us on the summit with an 18 element 70 cm beam and "Buddipole" HF portable dipole tuned for
either 17 or 20.
We operated on 432.100 USB, 446 FM, 2 M FM, 6M USB, 17 and 20 USB, and 20 CW. Will post more complete report later.
Wish we could have made more contacts on 432, we may not go to such effort for only a couple of contacts in the
future.
73 de NXDW

Bob Witte KNR wrote:

Please let us know what you did during the event, by sending the following info to the ham14er list:

Bare minimum:
Peak activated
Callsigns, names on your summit
Comments

More complete report:
Stations/peaks worked by band and mode
Complete log of QSOs
Best DX by band
Description of trip
Notable QSOs or other significant happenings
What went well, what didn't go so well, ideas for next time

Thanks.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Jeff <n0xdw@...>

"N0UQZ, JIM BAUDO" wrote:

I HAVE HAMS EMAILING ME ALL THE TIME ASKING ABOUT THE Buddipole ANTENNA. COULD ANY OF YOU WRITE A LITTLE REVIEW OF YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH IT. THE FACTORY WILL NOT EVEN RETURN EMAIL TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE INQUIRED TO THEM WITH QUESTIONS.
I should mention there is a Buddipole User Group on Yahoo, and that at the moment Bud is in Europe and should be back to the states in the near future. That may be why there is slow response at the moment. He has always responded when i have sent him e-mail though. I will try to take time to give a review tonight or tomorrow, I have to get back to work now.
73 de NXDW

Jeff <n0xdw@...>

Longs Peak Aug. 10 2003

UTC Call Sent Rcd Freq Mode Comments
15:43 K2AD 59 59 446 FM Doug Longmont
15:46 KC7GF 59+ 446 FM Art Mt Evans
15:48 K8KMV 57 57 446 FM Bill Longmont
15:50 KCCAT 52 446 FM Gerry Akron
15:54 KCINX 59+ 147.465 FM Kristin Bierstadt
15:55 KBHM 147.465 FM Christine Bross
15:56 KCMEZ 147.465 FM Mary Aurora
15:56 W6OAL 147.465 FM Dave
15:57 K3OG 147.465 FM Peter on Grays
15:58 K1FD 59+ 147.465 FM Jim in Drake
16:06 K3OG 59 446 FM Peter
16:07 KALJO 446 FM Jerry near Broomfield
16:07 K1FD 446 FM Jim
16:09 NOYM 57 446 FM Berry in Greeley
16:09 KGSH 446 FM Bruce on MT Evans
16:11 W6OAL 446 FM Dave
16:17 KCBPX 147.450 FM Mike Mt Huron
16:19 WE7C 147.450 FM Glenn Mt Columbia
16:20 W9BNO 147.450 FM Rich Englewood
16:21 KAJLO 147.450 FM Jerry East of Broomfield
16:22 NBN 147.450 FM Daniel up about 12,600 Mount Elbert
16:23 KB3CXD 147.450 FM Dan About 8400 Alto
16:45 NQCX 147.435 FM Ellie at home
16:51 W6AOL 59 59 18.1575 USB Dave
16:52 K3OG 59 18.1575 USB Peter
16:55 W6AOL 59+ 59 432.100 USB Dave
16:58 K7YJ 59 59 446 FM Minor Exit 190 S of Denver I-25 Mobile
17:02 K8KMV 58 55 18.1576 USB Bill Longmont
17:05 KB3CXD 55 55 18.1576 USB Dan Mt Alto
17:31 WTM 57 57 18.175 USB Gary Mt Bross
17:53 NKE 59 59 50.125 USB Mt Bross
17:54 NT4TT 50.125 USB Westminster
17:55 WIXE 59 51 50.125 USB Joe
17:56 KBG 59 59 50.125 USB Pikes Peak
17:57 KC7JF 59 59 50.125 USB Mt Evans
18:02 N9JWC 579 14.060 CW Mike Illinois
18:35 NTZL 59+ 57 147.42 FM Dan
KCKNU 147.42 FM Art Estes sorry did not write down time
AARQ 147.42 FM Bill Littleton

If you worked us and i do not have you on the list let us know. I think i worked KCOTR and a couple others before Ron
brought up the log book

Thanks to all and 73 de NXDW and KLMD

Jeff <n0xdw@...>

Jeff wrote:

Longs Peak Aug. 10 2003
If this is not aligned i am sorry it was when i sent it, but what i received in my inbox was not. I will have to work on a
way to make it come out better. I spent a bit of time (I type SLOWLY) trying to get it to be easy to read...