Topics

MOXON Antenna

Bob K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

I've noticed that the MOXON antenna design for 6 Meters has been getting some
attention in the ham radio magazines recently. Specifically, the April 2004
issue of QST has an article "A 6-Meter Moxon Antenna" by Allen Baker, KG4JJH.

Also, PAR offers a commercially built 6-Meter MOXON antenna, the SM-50.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamants/1822.html

The Par SM-50 occupies approximately 1/2 the footprint of a traditional 2
element yagi, yet features nearly identical electrical specifications. The
radiator material selection results in a further reduction in size and weight
over classical Moxons. Once the matchbox is installed onto the main radiator
(two 10-32 screws), assembling the rest of the antenna including mast mounting
and tuning, requires no tools. Breakdown time is well under a minute making it
ideal for mountain topping, roving and stealth operation.

SM50 Specifications
Frequency: 6 Meters
Polarity: Horizontal
Gain: 5.8 dBi
F/B: 17 dB
V.S.W.R. Bandwidth: 1.4 MHz between 1.5:1 points
Design Impedance: 50 ohms
Power: 1000 watts
Connector: UHF (SO239)
Size: 84 by 31 inches
Weight: 3 Lbs.
Materials: 6061-T6 Aluminum, Fiberglass, Genuine Flex Weave wire
Hardware: Stainless steel

Anyone have experience with this antenna?

=====
Bob Witte K0NR
Email: bob@... or k0nr@...
ARRL Technical Coordinator, Colorado Section http://www.k0nr.com/ts.html
Personal Web Page http://www.rwitte.com

Dino Darling <k6rix@...>

I built a 6-meter HOME DEPOT SPECIAL for Field Day using a couple of 1x2s 4
guage wire, and a staple gun. CHEAP and worked GREAT!

In all actuality, we've been using MOXONs for Field Day for the past 4
years (N6ME, look it up!) on 20 and 15. They are GREAT antennas.

Whether you buy one or build one, it is a real fun antenna with a fantastic
front lobe and decent f/b! You can download free software to build your
own here...
http://www.qsl.net/ac6la/moxgen.html

Read more about the 6-meter Moxon here...
http://www.cebik.com/6m.html

GREAT ANTENNA! I have NOT used the one made by PAR, but his reputation
precedes him and I would not hesitate to buy from him!!!

<http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamants/1822.html>http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamants/1822.html

[...]

Section <http://www.k0nr.com/ts.html>http://www.k0nr.com/ts.html
Personal Web Page <http://www.rwitte.com>http://www.rwitte.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129e91u1f/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1705063108:HM/EXP=1088825179/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>40e39a.jpg
40e5fd.jpg

*
* Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
Dino...k6rix@...