Topics

Mt Massive - Want to go?

Joe Burleson <ab0yc@...>

I'm planning on being in Leadville this weekend with the family so I
thought I might take a position on Mt. Massive Sunday. I believe that
Elbert was already spoken for. Anyone want to go? I could be talked
into La Plata or something else nearby.

JB

720-286-5134 wk
303-526-5725 hm
jburleson@...

Andy Goris <andygoris@...>

Hi Joe,
Nice talking to you on the phone today. Here's a repeat of most of the contact info I gave you today: I'll be driving green Subaru up Saturday afternoon, and camping somewhere near the trailhead. My license is 401 FXU. My cell phone is 970-290-2041. My home phone is 223-5485. My work number is 970-898-9081. I haven't set up my radio for the event, but I'll be listening on the primary start channel. I'm looking forward to hearing about your winter ascents of 14ers!

I'm an experienced climber and have done all the 14ers before - most of them 2 or 3 times. I've only done a couple of winter ascents, and that was enough for me! I've climbed Massive 2 or 3 times before - the last time was for 14er day about 3 years ago, via the standard route.

I'm an EE, like you. I'm and R&D Project Manager at Hewlett Packard, in the digital camera lab.

Let's talk again Thursday or Friday night (or e-mail) to nail down the final meeting place and plans.

Are you going to be in Leadville with just one car? If so, would it be more convenient for me to pick you up somewhere in town, so your family would have the use of your car while we're hiking?

-Andy Goris
AA0CM