Topics

Operating Plans - Keep Them Coming

Bob K0NR

We are seeing people indicate their operating plans on the yahoo group "database".

Thanks for doing this and keep them coming!

Don't worry if you change your plans...you can just edit the entry in the database as needed. It is understood that "things change" and it is best to get something out there that indicates your intent.

73, Bob

michelle blake

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the HAM community...just received my license a few days ago. I'm very interested in climbing one of the 14ers and participating in this event. Last year I did Bierstadt and Handies and loved them both. This year I have been contemplating Bross, Sherman, or Grays (yes, I'm shooting for the easy ones!). I have a small hand held Dual Band FM Transceiver and plan to replace my rubber duck antenna with a longer one before climbing. I attempted to enter my data in the spread sheet but realized that I didn't have all the information I needed to fill it out. Any guidance you could offer would be appreciated. My call sign is KE0JUC. I realize that it sounds like juicy (LOL) and am in the process of applying for a vanity call sign that is easier to say. :)

Cheers,

Michelle

Bob K0NR

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the party!
I see you've started an entry in the database for Mt Bross. Note that Bross is considered a 14er but is not a Summits On The Air (SOTA) summit. Explanation is here: https://sites.google.com/site/ham14er/summits-on-the-air-sota

Comments on database entries:

Since you are using a dualband HT, just enter "2m fm, 70cm fm" in the Freq/Bands/Mode field.

For the SOTA designator, the 14er SOTA designators are listed here: https://sites.google.com/site/ham14er/mountain-list
or go to the SOTA web site and use the search box for the name of the summit here: http://www.sota.org.uk/Associations

Keep the questions coming...

73, Bob

Bob Witte / K0NR / @K0NR / www.k0nr.com

On 7/16/2016 9:07 PM, michelle1colorado@... [ham14er] wrote:

[...]

James Sharp

Sorry guys, but I just summited (last week) Sunlight Peak, El Diente, Mt. Wilson, and Wilson Peak - and I couldn't spend any time on any of those peaks with my MTR and end-fedz because I was in a group that obviously did not want to spend excessive time on top.

I'll try some others this summer if I get a chance. Only 3 more to do and I'll have all the 14ers in CO climbed.

73, Jim W5AP

Brad - WA6MM

Hi Bob (K0NR),
I finally got around to posting my plans for the 14er event on both the Sotawatch site and on the ham14er spreadsheet for this year's event.  N2GBR will be joining me this year.  I think he lives around 1200 ft ASL so I may carry an oxygen bottle for him ;-). Actually, he's climbed several peaks here so I know he'll do just fine!

Bryan

Just added mine too.  I'll be on Longs Peak with a ROMO climbing ranger for SAR training so I'll be limited on operating time and freq.  I'll only have a 2m HT with a decent antenna and will try to work whoever I can within a 30 minute op period.

Bryan N0BCB

I finally got around to posting my plans for the 14er event on both the Sotawatch site and on the ham14er spreadsheet for this year's event. N2GBR will be joining me this year. I think he lives around 1200 ft ASL so I may carry an oxygen bottle for him ;-). Actually, he's climbed several peaks here so I know he'll do just fine!

Sounds good Bryan.  I'll look for you on Sunday as I should be QRV when you summit Longs. It was nice to work you from Ypsilon a few weekends ago.

Interesting that you're doing SAR training.  Perhaps someday I'll get involved and volunteer some time -- maybe after I retire in a few years ;-).

---In ham14er@..., <bryanbibeau@...> wrote :

Just added mine too.  I'll be on Longs Peak with a ROMO climbing ranger for SAR training so I'll be limited on operating time and freq.  I'll only have a 2m HT with a decent antenna and will try to work whoever I can within a 30 minute op period.

Bryan N0BCB

Mike Crownover <ad5a@...>

Bob,

Remind me how to get to the scheduled activations for the 14er event.

73,

Mike AD5A

Good news...its always nice to have Longs Peak active during the event.

On 7/19/2016 8:35 AM, Bryan Bibeau bryanbibeau@... [ham14er] wrote:

> Just added mine too. I'll be on Longs Peak with a ROMO climbing
> ranger for SAR training so I'll be limited on operating time and
> freq. I'll only have a 2m HT with a decent antenna and will try to
> work whoever I can within a 30 minute op period.
>
> Bryan N0BCB

Bob K0NR

We use the "database" feature of Yahoo Groups, so go here:

On 7/24/2016 3:39 PM, 'Mike Crownover' ad5a@... [ham14er] wrote:

Bob,

Remind me how to get to the scheduled activations for the 14er event.

73,

Mike AD5A

I finally got around to posting my plans for the 14er event on both
the Sotawatch site and on the ham14er spreadsheet for this year's
event. N2GBR will be joining me this year. I think he lives around
1200 ft ASL so I may carry an oxygen bottle for him ;-). Actually,
he's climbed several peaks here so I know he'll do just fine!

We are up to 15 entries...keep them coming!

Holy Moutaintop, we are only 2 weeks away from the event!

*From:* "wa6mm@... [ham14er]
I finally got around to posting my plans for the 14er event on both
the Sotawatch site and on the ham14er spreadsheet for this year's
event. N2GBR will be joining me this year. I think he lives around
1200 ft ASL so I may carry an oxygen bottle for him ;-). Actually,
he's climbed several peaks here so I know he'll do just fine!

Posted by: "Bob Witte (K0NR)" <@K0NR>

Keep Safety First for All Mountaintop Operating!

Yahoo Groups Links