Topics

peak sign ups ? viewsheds.

K. Mark Caviezel

Gang:
I am looking forward to this year's ham 14er event.
I am thinking about Castle Peak, near Aspen.

Is there a sign up roster so we don't all QSO each
other from within the parking lot on top of Pike's
Peak ?

Also, I've done some radio 'view shed' modelling with
Radio Mobile, an incredible freeware program that
predicts radio paths given power, antenna, and terrain
inputs. If you're considering a particular peak, I
can run that peak's viewshed so you can see who you
should be able to talk to.

- KMC ac0ak (former kc0jhq) Denver

Jeff <n0xdw@...>

K. Mark Caviezel wrote:

Gang: I am looking forward to this year's ham 14er event. I am thinking about Castle Peak, near Aspen.
Is there a sign up roster so we don't all QSO each
other from within the parking lot on top of Pike's
Peak ?
Also, I've done some radio 'view shed' modelling with
Radio Mobile, an incredible freeware program that
predicts radio paths given power, antenna, and terrain
inputs. If you're considering a particular peak, I
can run that peak's viewshed so you can see who you
should be able to talk to.
- KMC ac0ak (former kc0jhq) Denver
Hey that sounds like a neat program. I may attempt Longs Peak again this year, would be curious what it shows on 17M and 20M with portable dipole (estimated DBd -1) from a full size. 6M with portable Dipole, that would be approx. full size so should be 0 DBd but take into account would be not more than maybe 12 above ground on all these. possibly a 1/2 wave or a 1/4 wave duck for 2 and if i do same as last year would have a small beam for 70 cm, (18 elements if i recall correctly).
73 de n0xdw

Bob K0NR <k0nr-list@...>

--- "K. Mark Caviezel" <kmcaviezel@...> wrote:
Gang:
I am looking forward to this year's ham 14er event.
I am thinking about Castle Peak, near Aspen.

Is there a sign up roster so we don't all QSO each
other from within the parking lot on top of Pike's
Peak ?

The signups on handled via the new, improved web site
at http://www.14er.org under the 14er Forums section,
"2004 14er Operating Plans".

Chris K0CAO, can we make this a little more prominent on the
home page?

=====
Bob Witte K0NR
Email: bob@... or k0nr@...