Topics

Pikes Peak SOTA Today - WG0AT K7PX N1OIE

Bob K0NR

I got a note from Steve WG0AT that he and K7PX & N1OIE will try to activate Pikes Peak today for SOTA.
The road is open so they'll drive up, then likely freeze their pretty little behinds off :-)
Look for them here:
7.032-cw, 10.112-cw, 14.062-cw, 146.52-fm

73, Bob

Forgot to mention: his alert on SOTAwatch shows 1800 utc, or 11 am local time.

See http://sotawatch.org

Bob Witte / K0NR / @K0NR / www.k0nr.com

On 21-Dec-16 8:36 AM, Bob Witte (K0NR) wrote:
I got a note from Steve WG0AT that he and K7PX & N1OIE will try to activate Pikes Peak today for SOTA.
The road is open so they'll drive up, then likely freeze their pretty little behinds off :-)
Look for them here:
7.032-cw, 10.112-cw, 14.062-cw, 146.52-fm

73, Bob

Brad - WA6MM

Darn...missed them as I was stuck in a meeting😞.

-Brad
WA6MM

Sent from my phone

On Dec 21, 2016, at 8:40 AM, 'Bob Witte (K0NR)' bob@... [ham14er] <ham14er@...> wrote:

Forgot to mention: his alert on SOTAwatch shows 1800 utc, or 11 am local
time.

See http://sotawatch.org

On 21-Dec-16 8:36 AM, Bob Witte (K0NR) wrote:
> I got a note from Steve WG0AT that he and K7PX & N1OIE will try to
> activate Pikes Peak today for SOTA.
> The road is open so they'll drive up, then likely freeze their pretty
> little behinds off :-)
> Look for them here:
> 7.032-cw, 10.112-cw, 14.062-cw, 146.52-fm
>
> 73, Bob

Bob K0NR

Brad,
Dang meetings. Work always gets in the way!

I caught them on 2m. They were surprisingly weak here in Monument, which is easy line of sight to Pikes. I couldn't hear them on my HT so I had to use the base transceiver with a real antenna. It turns out they hunkered down on the south side of the summit, putting a bit of rock between us. I was surprised how much that affected the signal.
So I suspect they would have trouble working the Denver area on vhf.

73, Bob

Bob Witte / K0NR / @K0NR <mailto:@K0NR> / www.k0nr.com <http://www.k0nr.com>

On 21-Dec-16 8:36 AM, Bob Witte (K0NR) wrote:
I got a note from Steve WG0AT that he and K7PX & N1OIE will try to
activate Pikes Peak today for SOTA.
The road is open so they'll drive up, then likely freeze their pretty
little behinds off :-)
Look for them here:
7.032-cw, 10.112-cw, 14.062-cw, 146.52-fm

73, Bob

Jeff <jeff@...>

I would have liked to tried on 20 but alas I was working and they were only scheduled to use CW there and my skills are currently lacking. Somehow I passed 13WPM test back in the day, but lack of practice has taken a toll.

73 de 5H6JG/NØXDW

<mailto:ham14er@...>> wrote:

Forgot to mention: his alert on SOTAwatch shows 1800 utc, or 11 am
local time.

See http://sotawatch.org

Bob Witte / K0NR / @K0NR <mailto:@K0NR> / www.k0nr.com
<http://www.k0nr.com>

On 21-Dec-16 8:36 AM, Bob Witte (K0NR) wrote:
I got a note from Steve WG0AT that he and K7PX & N1OIE will try to
activate Pikes Peak today for SOTA.
The road is open so they'll drive up, then likely freeze their
pretty little behinds off :-) Look for them here:
7.032-cw, 10.112-cw, 14.062-cw, 146.52-fm

73, Bob

Posted by: "Bob Witte (K0NR)" <@K0NR>

Keep Safety First for All Mountaintop Operating!

Yahoo Groups Links