Topics

Remote base rules

Skyler Fennell

I am summiting on Sunday, but Saturday i'll be on the ground. I know repeaters are not counted for the award but if I am coming in through a remote base is that allowed? I have a home-brew VHF remote base that has 40 channels located on Blue Mountain. 26 of the channels are the VHF simplex frequencies.

73
Skyler KD0WHB

Jeff <jeff@...>

You should not need the repeater or remote base. As an extreme example one 14er event I made a 550 mile contact on 2 meters to South Dakota. Use it to arrange contacts if you want.

On Aug 4, 2016, at 7:00 AM, Skyler F electricity440@... [ham14er] <ham14er@...> wrote:

I am summiting on Sunday, but Saturday i'll be on the ground. I know repeaters are not counted for the award but if I am coming in through a remote base is that allowed? I have a home-brew VHF remote base that has 40 channels located on Blue Mountain. 26 of the channels are the VHF simplex frequencies.

73
Skyler KD0WHB

Curtis Hays II

No remote bases for SOTA credit. I was in the Bay Area making a bunch of contacts on 146.52 when somebody said they were on 440. I asked about it more and found out the have a converter on another summit to extend simplex to other parts.  If it's not simplex directly to your radio from their radio, it doesn't count.

73,
Curtis

6+