Topics

Room for rent??? August 15( for one week )

HON Chu

Hi: kq6ee is coming to town. I asked my YL, and she said I can come.
My son can not come because he has to take summer classed. I am still
thinking whether to fly or drive. I think driving is better. I can load
everything to the car. It takes at lease two day to get there. May be the
first day, I will stop at St. George, UT from Los Angeles, and second day
is from St. George to Denver. It's just a plan. I plan to drive up to Pike
Peak, Mt Evan and may be Mt Bross. And hike to two more peak. Then
I can get that award, HA, HA. Whoever want to hike up to Mt Elbert or
Mt Massive. I might hike along. Is anybody has any room for rent for
that week??? I probably arrive on August 13 and leave on August 17. I
love hiking. This trip will be an excited one. I can hike up to the peak,
and CQ, CQ. I will bring all my radios: ALL BAND; FROM HF TO 1.2 G.
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE YOU ALL. 73.

Hon Chu

kq6eeeeeeeeeee

K. Mark Caviezel

Hon: you're coming from LA, right ?
that's a long drive for a one day event. I'd
reccommend flying. But if you're going to stay here
and hike a bunch of peaks, maybe it's better.
You can do fine in the ham 14ers event with nothing
more than a 2m HT, or a VHF/UFH dual bander. I've
done only one ham14er, I think I had 5 HTs, a UHF
yagi, and a VHF yagi. It was too much gear. Oh
yeah, I camped at 11k feet, so had the tent, water,
and sleeping bag.... so that was a nother bunch of
mass to lug.
I'm not in real bad shape, and I live at 5300 feet,
but my, my everything starts getting quite heavy as
you get closer to the summit. For the drive up
peaks, by all means bring the whole shack !
I've heard mt bross is only suitable for high ground
clearance 4wd, never been there myself (yet).

- KMC ac0ak Denver

--- Hon Chu <kq6ee55@...> wrote:

[...]

I will enjoy my Vacation by driving, hiking and playing with radios at as
many peak as possible in Colorado,

--- In ham14er@..., "K. Mark Caviezel"

--- Hon Chu <kq6ee55@y...> wrote:
[...]

Jeff <n0xdw@...>

If you wish to drive to the top of Bross you will need better than average
ground clearance and 4WD is highly recommended. I have been to the top, a
few times. There are some pics in the Yahoo photo section of the group.

73 de NØXDW

--- Hon Chu <kq6ee55@y...> wrote:
[...]

Yahoo! Groups Links

HON Chu

Hi Jeff:
Is the Ford Explorer (four wheeler) is good
enough??? Thank you.

--- Jeff <n0xdw@...> wrote:
If you wish to drive to the top of Bross you will
need better than average
ground clearance and 4WD is highly recommended. I
have been to the top, a
few times. There are some pics in the Yahoo photo
section of the group.

73 de NXDW

--- Hon Chu <kq6ee55@y...> wrote:
[...]

Yahoo! Domains Claim yours for only $14.70/year

Jeff <n0xdw@...>

It should, there are better but that one should be fine. I use a Bronco II,
and the Explorer replaced it. It is not quite as good on ground clearance
and is a bit wider, but much nicer to deal with on normal highways, i.e.
much more stable.

73 de NØXDW

--- Hon Chu <kq6ee55@y...> wrote:
[...]

kc7gf@...

No rooms to rent but you will need a good 4 wheel drive with granny gears for
Bross. It's all above tree line up there with loose rocks (scree) and some
awesome shortcuts. It's quite a round top mountain with room for 100 cars or a
lot more people at the top. We did it two years ago with a Toyota pickup in 4w
drive low range. (won't do that again) Only paved roads from now on. Get down
before the clouds (and possibly lighting) roll in.

Art Bross (maybe a relative) on MT. Bross
KC7GF, Golden CO