Here is the link for his obituary.

http://www.bowinfuneralhome.com/obituary/jeff-gerst

73
KC0FDT

Peter Ebertowsky

Sad news. Thanks for the notice.

Peter KD0YOB

Bob K0NR

Dawna/KC0FDT, thanks for passing along this sad news of Jeff/N0XDW becoming a silent key.
I did not know that Jeff was ill.

Jeff was involved in the early days of the Colorado 14er Event, serving on the Colorado 14er Event Task Force that manages the event. He's been active in the event and Summits On The Air activity in Colorado. Jeff (and Phil/N0KE) together hold the 2m all-mode distance record for the Colorado 14er Event. Operating from Mount Bross, they both worked W7XU and N0QJM near Parker, South Dakota on 2m CW at a distance of 551 miles.

Attached is a photo of him and another ham doing a Longs Peak activation a few years back (with some serious antenna hardware).

I'll always remember Jeff as being very friendly and chatty on the air, always willing to help out. Even to a fault....I recall thinking "come on Jeff, stop talking, I've got other stations waiting to make a contact." He will be missed by me and many others on the ham bands.

73 Bob K0NR

Bob Witte / K0NR / @K0NR / www.k0nr.com

On 01-Jan-19 4:40 PM, SA_Dawna@... [ham14er] wrote:
N0XDW passed away on December 30, 2018.

Here is the link for his obituary.

http://www.bowinfuneralhome.com/obituary/jeff-gerst

73
KC0FDT

Posted by: SA_Dawna@...

Keep Safety First for All Mountaintop Operating!

Yahoo Groups Links