Topics

Silent Key [1 Attachment]

Dan Hupp

Sorry Bob & everybody else, its been a bit hectic out here in Akron the last few days and I didn't even think of this group.

Wish we had that pic for the service today Bob, the other ham is Ron, K0LMD from Wray, CO and he talked a bit about that Longs Peak trip today, others agreed with your "chatty" remarks :-)

Jeff had only been diagnosed with cancer in November and it took him quickly, he was a good friend and its partly his fault I moved to Akron 2yrs ago, he will be sorely missed.

73, Dan N0TZL

On 1/2/2019 8:24 PM, 'Bob Witte (K0NR)' @K0NR [ham14er] wrote:
Dawna/KC0FDT, thanks for passing along this sad news of Jeff/N0XDW
becoming a silent key.
I did not know that Jeff was ill.

Jeff was involved in the early days of the Colorado 14er Event, serving
on the Colorado 14er Event Task Force that manages the event. He's been
active in the event and Summits On The Air activity in Colorado. Jeff
(and Phil/N0KE) together hold the 2m all-mode distance record for the
Colorado 14er Event. Operating from Mount Bross, they both worked W7XU
and N0QJM near Parker, South Dakota on 2m CW at a distance of 551 miles.

Attached is a photo of him and another ham doing a Longs Peak activation
a few years back (with some serious antenna hardware).

I'll always remember Jeff as being very friendly and chatty on the air,
always willing to help out. Even to a fault....I recall thinking "come
on Jeff, stop talking, I've got other stations waiting to make a
contact." He will be missed by me and many others on the ham bands.

73 Bob K0NR