Topics

Tape Measure Yagi Antennas

Bob Witte, K0NR <list@...>

14er Event List:

Greg KC0ADT and Eric KC0CAV both provided me with some info
on Yagi antennas that are built using tape measure material for
the elements....so they can roll up easily. This makes for a
very compact and portable antenna.

You might consider building one for the 14er event.
Take a look at the two URLs below.

------

Bob,
It is not my idea, but it is a great one. Here is the web site.
http://home.att.net/~jleggio/projects/rdf/snif_bm.htm
I like the fact that there is no long piece of metal to attract
lightening. I roll the tape elements and secure them for transport. It
works well, although perhaps not as well as an Arrow Antenna. Size and
weight in a pack are excellent. I now carry it on all hikes.
Greg

Bob Witte K0NR wrote:

Greg, Eric,
Both of you guys sent me photos that had yagi antennas made out
of tape measures (for the elements). Did you both dream this up
on your own? Or is there a standard design out there for this?
I would think other people would be interested in this idea.

73,
Bob

Bob Witte
K0NR