Topics

Venable Peak

Brad G

I'm from out of state visiting family. Going to hit Venable Peak, a scenic 13er in the Sangre de Christos. I'm a newer ham and first SOTA attempt. Learned about the event from the QST article and was already planning a hike so will haul along HT + 1/2 wave telescopic for 2m and 2m/70cm beam. We'll see what happens!

Brad

KE0DZZ

Bob K0NR

Welcome Brad,
Venable Peak will be a great spot to operate from. For SOTA, this is summit W0C/SC-008 and it has never been activated.
See http://www.sota.org.uk/Summit/W0C/SC-008

73, Bob

Bob Witte / K0NR / @K0NR / www.k0nr.com

On 8/5/2016 9:21 AM, bradito@... [ham14er] wrote:

I'm from out of state visiting family. Going to hit Venable Peak, a scenic 13er in the Sangre de Christos. I'm a newer ham and first SOTA attempt. Learned about the event from the QST article and was already planning a hike so will haul along HT + 1/2 wave telescopic for 2m and 2m/70cm beam. We'll see what happens!

Brad

KE0DZZ

Curtis Hays II

I just read up on that summit and it looks like a great hike, have fun and welcome to SOTA!

73,
Curtis
kc5cw.tumblr.com