Topics

VHF Contest and Winter Assault on Mount Herman

Bob K0NR

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Subject: VHF Contest and Winter Assault on Mount Herman
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 21:10:20 -0700
From: Bob Witte (K0NR) <@K0NR>
To: W0TLM List <w0tlm@...>

A group of us are planning to activate Mount Herman on Saturday...for Summits On The Air and the January VHF Contest.

The radio crew includes Steve WG0AT, Caleb W4XEN, Bob K0NR and Joyce K0JJW and maybe a goat or two.

The contest starts at noon, so we should be on the air about then. We probably won't last much longer than 4 pm, weather dependent.

*SOTA
*For SOTA, Mt Herman is W0C/FR-063 http://www.sota.org.uk/Summit/W0C/FR-0*63* <http://www.sota.org.uk/Summit/W0C/FR-06>

We will be active on 2m and several HF bands, depending on propagation. Check for spots on sotawatch.org

*VHF Contest
*The contest starts at noon local time and the exchange is grid locator, DM79 for Mt Herman.

A basic introduction to working a VHF contest is here:
http://www.k0nr.com/wordpress/my-articles/how-to-work-a-vhf-contest/
Complete rules are here: http://www.arrl.org/january-vhf <http://www.arrl.org/january-vhf>

There will be some activity on the FM calling frequencies: 146.52 MHz, 446.0 MHz and adjacent simplex frequencies.
Most of the activity will be on SSB (upper sideband): 50.125 MHz, 144.200 MHz, 432.100 MHz

Give us a call!!!

73, Bob

--
Bob Witte / K0NR /@K0NR /www.k0nr.com

Jeff <jeff@...>

Sorry wasn't able too work you. Made a few calls on 52, no response.

[...]

Posted by: "Bob Witte (K0NR)" <@K0NR>

Keep Safety First for All Mountaintop Operating!

Yahoo Groups Links