Topics

VHF/UHF bands and modes

Bob K0NR

I am wondering about other VHF/UHF modes and bands.

For the 14er event, Joyce and I plan to take 2m and 70cm FM for sure.
I am wondering about other modes and VHF/UHF bands.

Terry/KE0HNW suggested DMR, so we will have an HT along for that.

David/KI6YMZ and I are planning to have 2m SSB (144.200 MHz). Anyone else in on that?

Any interest in 1.2 GHz FM? The SOTA guys down in Arizona are having a blast with summit-to-summit 1.2 GHz with some amazing distances.
We have Alinco HTs for 1.2 GHz and a yagi antenna. We won't take them unless there are other summits being activated.

Brad/WA6MM, sorry, we won't have HF :-)

73 Bob

Dan Huber

While I’ll be carrying a 2m SSB capable radio, I don’t plan on activating with that mode.   I will stick to alternating between 2m FM and 20m/40m HF phone mode.

73 de KN0MAP, Dan

--
Bob Witte / K0NR / bob@... / www.k0nr.com

Brad - WA6MM

Hi Bob,
I'll only have my FT-60 HT for 2m operation.  So no SSB for me.  N0MTN has my FT-817 that I used to talk to you on 2m SSB in the "old" days" ;-).  In any event, I'll talk to all of you guys on 2m FM and HF....cuz I have multiple skills ;-).

Dang, I was hoping we could do CW on 2 meters. :-)

On 28-Jul-19 1:56 PM, Brad - WA6MM wrote:

Hi Bob,
I'll only have my FT-60 HT for 2m operation.  So no SSB for me.  N0MTN has my FT-817 that I used to talk to you on 2m SSB in the "old" days" ;-).  In any event, I'll talk to all of you guys on 2m FM and HF....cuz I have multiple skills ;-).

_._,_._,_