Topics

Winter trip #2 - Blanca/Ellingwood Report

Joe Burleson <ab0yc@...>

We drove down and hiked into Como Lake on Saturday. We left camp at
5am on Sunday and reached the summit of Blanca about 9:30am. I made a
call on 147.20 and 146.52 with no response. We arrived on the summit
of Ellingwood about 11:30 via the connecting ridge. I made a call on
147.20 and was fortunate to contact Bob-K0NR (as he mentioned). I
kept the QSO short because it was cold (approx 0 deg F and 25mph
wind). We were back at camp about 3:30pm adn we hiked out on Monday.

I posted some pictures. One is of my friend Tom on the summit of
Ellingwood with Little Bear in the background.

Joe
ab0yc